Why First Aid and CPR Training is Crucial – What to Know
In the case of an emergency, sometimes CPR or simple first aid is needed, but what do you do if nobody in the room knows how to perform these actions? Knowing these things can be really important in emergency situations. Whether you are in public places or alone at home with your loved one, if a medical emergency happens, you may be able to stabilize the victim while they wait for emergency medical services to arrive. Whether you take a class or learn online, here are some great reasons why you should take a first aid class and get certified to perform CPR:
You might be able to save a life
You never know when someone could go into cardiac arrest while you’re out and about. By taking a first aid course and learning CPR, you could save a person’s life. About 400,000 people will die unexpectedly from cardiac arrest. CPR will help keep the sufferer’s brain function working during cardiac arrest, which will keep their blood flowing, helping them to stay alive.
Helping your patients feel assured
If you work at a hospital, everything you will learn in first aid is an important knowledge to have. Even the basics like how to properly dress a wound or how to use certain medical tools will help patients feel at ease when they are in your care. Medical emergencies can be quite alarming, so you want your patients to feel comfortable while they are taken care of by someone who knows what they are doing.
You will be a valuable support
Getting trained and certified can ensure that you will be able to prevent issues that might make the situation worse, especially in the case that a patient needs immediate first aid care. You will be able to stabilize the person until emergency medical attention arrives. This will allow the person time to wait for the ambulance, and you will have helped stabilize someone who could have passed away right there.
You’ll be a valuable member of society
Being able to say that you are certified in basic life support can make you more valuable to the community. This includes at home and at your workplace, too. Not many people will know how to correctly perform a CPR, and the more training you get, the more likely you are to be able to help someone in need the correct way. If there is an emergency situation where first aid or CPR is needed, you will be able to help out right then and there.
You can save a loved one
Most of the time, cardiac arrest is sudden and unexpected. Every minute that a person is in cardiac arrest decreases the victim’s chance of survival and they just need stabilizing through CPR until emergency services arrive. If you are at home with your loved one who goes into cardiac arrest, you could end up saving their life if you are there on time and perform CPR quickly and correctly. You could potentially lengthen the life of your loved one.
If you’re looking to learn more about CPR or getting certified yourself in Bangkok, Bangkok First Aid is your best option. Contact us today to see what we can do for you.
- 52Many people think that CPR certification is unnecessary, as it doesn’t advance your career in any way. However, we believe that everybody should be CPR and AED-certified. After all, you never know when you may need to save a life, but it’s best to have the skills to do so…Tags: cpr, medical, will, life, help, save
- 49No one knows when an accident or emergency will occur, but if it does, you may be required to take action and give someone Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and the appropriate first aid that they require. Knowing CPR could mean the difference between life or death. Attending a first aid class…Tags: will, aid, cpr
- 39Why Employees need First Aid Training? Accidents or emergency situations at the workplace can arise at any moment. Every company should include the formation of Emergency Responders within an emergency response plan. Employees who are Emergency Responders are trained to deliver CPR & first aid at the workplace and know what to do in case of…Tags: emergency, aid, cpr, life, will, medical
- “We work with Bangkok First Aid in training and consulting on First Aid. They train our Emergency Response Team to be certain and capable to act in the right way in case of an emergency. They give good training and are well focused on the learning aspect. They are trustworthy and service oriented”. Related
Hans – Embassy of the Netherlandshttps://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/your-country-and-the-netherlands/thailand/about-us/netherlands-embassy-in-bangkok
- “Bangkok First Aid was consistent in maintaining communication with me and was extraordinarily flexible as I repeatedly adjusted my dates. 10/10 for teaching: personable, interesting and easy to understand. My students and I were very satisfied.” Related
Maxine – Asia Pacific International Universityhttp://www.apiu.edu/
- “Excellent package, well delivered and tailored to meet the needs of the group. A real eye opener to the first aid skills you can use in any environment. It is a must for anyone who wants to make a difference in the most testing of situations. We certainly wouldn’t hesitate to use Bangkok First Aid […]
Caroline – Regent’s International Schoolhttp://www.regents.ac.th/