The Importance of CPR & First Aid Training for Parents & Nannies.
Why is it important to train parents and nannies in First Aid CPR AED?
Many childcare providers and nannies often begin looking after children without having a first aid qualification, while they could benefit from CPR and First Aid training. It’s particularly important that nannies receive proper training in emergency medical care techniques. Children are the most important things in a parent’s life and their safety should be of the utmost importance. That is why Bangkok First Aid offers a pediatric First Aid CPR AED training to all parents, childcare providers or nannies, existing and potential.
Unfortunately, children have accidents more often than adults, whether it is falling from height, choking from the food, getting electrocuted, ingesting poison, having fever, bleeding or drowning. WHAT WOULD YOU DO AND HOW WOULD YOU RESPOND? In the event of a medical emergency, CPR and First Aid is the initial assistance provided to a child or individual while waiting for the medical professionals to arrive. In the worst situations, CPR and First aid can definitely make the difference between life and death.
CPR and First aid training gives nannies and parents reassurance that in the case of an emergency they will have the skills to take control of the situation and provide excellent care to the child they are taking care of. Before hiring a new nanny, parents should request proof of a recently completed first aid course which Bangkok First Aid provides. These courses are invaluable for everyone that deals with children – parents, grandparents, family members, babysitters, au pairs, not just nannies.
CPR and First aid training is particularly important if you are working with children that suffer from ongoing conditions such as epilepsy, diabetes, asthma or have allergies. Ensure your first aid certificate is always current. First aid courses for nannies are paramount to child safety and increase your likelihood of gaining employment.
Most courses designed for childcare providers and nannies should include:
- How to handle the 10 most common emergencies faced by children
- Fits and fevers
- Bites and Stings
For individuals, we offer our American Heart Association Heartsaver® Pediatric First Aid CPR AED course that teaches participants how to respond to and manage illnesses and injuries in a child or infant in the first few minutes until professional help arrives, and how they differ from adults. You will receive an international certificate from the American Heart Association which is valid 2 years. More info click here.
For group booking (organisation and companies), we offer our American Heart Association Heartsaver® Pediatric First Aid CPR AED course (international certificate) or our Bangkok First Aid® Pediatric First Aid CPR AED course (local certificate). Both courses have the same content. More info click here.
If you are a nanny, a parent or an organisation looking to gain first aid training, you can contact us here for more information on our upcoming courses.
- 44Why Employees need First Aid Training? Accidents or emergency situations at the workplace can arise at any moment. Every company should include the formation of Emergency Responders within an emergency response plan. Employees who are Emergency Responders are trained to deliver CPR & first aid at the workplace and know what to do in case of…Tags: aid, cpr, training, courses, aed
- 43No one knows when an accident or emergency will occur, but if it does, you may be required to take action and give someone Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and the appropriate first aid that they require. Knowing CPR could mean the difference between life or death. Attending a first aid class…Tags: aid, cpr
- 33Everyone has heard of CPR, but not many know the differences between types of CPR training for healthcare professionals and rescuers. While all CPR training courses have the same goal, which is to teach the proper techniques to save an individual who is experiencing cardiac arrest. The CPR course that…Tags: training, cpr
- 33Tags: aid
- 32People who experience sudden cardiac arrest outside of a hospital are, of course, less likely to survive than those under medical care. However, the chance of survival for these individuals will double or even triple when getting CPR from a passerby. This is why it is imperative that people start…Tags: cpr
- “We work with Bangkok First Aid in training and consulting on First Aid. They train our Emergency Response Team to be certain and capable to act in the right way in case of an emergency. They give good training and are well focused on the learning aspect. They are trustworthy and service oriented”.
Hans – Embassy of the Netherlandshttps://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/your-country-and-the-netherlands/thailand/about-us/netherlands-embassy-in-bangkok
- “Bangkok First Aid was consistent in maintaining communication with me and was extraordinarily flexible as I repeatedly adjusted my dates. 10/10 for teaching: personable, interesting and easy to understand. My students and I were very satisfied.”
Maxine – Asia Pacific International Universityhttp://www.apiu.edu/
- “Excellent package, well delivered and tailored to meet the needs of the group. A real eye opener to the first aid skills you can use in any environment. It is a must for anyone who wants to make a difference in the most testing of situations. We certainly wouldn’t hesitate to use Bangkok First Aid […]
Caroline – Regent’s International Schoolhttp://www.regents.ac.th/