Why Employees need First Aid Training?
Accidents or emergency situations at the workplace can arise at any moment. Every company should include the formation of Emergency Responders within an emergency response plan.
Employees who are Emergency Responders are trained to deliver CPR & first aid at the workplace and know what to do in case of an accident before the emergency medical services (EMS) arrive. They learnt a fundamental human skill that could make the difference in saving someone’s life.
In case of a sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), if no proper CPR is delivered and no AED used, the chance to save the victim decreases by 10% every minute passes. Thus, we consider that after 6 or 7 minutes of SCA, it is extremely difficult to reanimate an unconscious and not breathing victim if no proper emergency first response (CPR & AED) has been given. Then, do you think that the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) would be able to reach your office or factory before 6 or 7 minutes after a SCA?
Before choosing a First Responder, it is important considering if the employee:
- can enjoy and be passionate about First Aid.
- is a good communicator and if he likes interacting with others.
- has the confidence and reliability to cope with an emergency.
If you require First Responders at the workplace, the location is an important factor to take into account. You should ask yourself if:
- the employee is readily available.
- the employee is often away at meetings or on business.
- if the employee is easy to find in a crisis.
If your organisation is spread out over a large area or has multiple sites, you will need people with first aid training located at strategic distances to ensure they can get to an incident quickly.
If you have shift workers or people working out of hours (for example, cleaners) you will need to ensure that there is cover whenever people are in the workplace. Don’t forget to factor in holiday cover, too.
If you have a mobile workforce, each member of staff should ideally have some basic first aid training.
Train your employees with Bangkok First Aid
Our American Heart Association ® courses encompass adult, pediatric (child and infant) CPR AED and First Aid skills. Moreover, we deliver the specific AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advance Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) courses. Furthermore, we offer a comprehensive First Aid at Work course with audit, specifically designed to meet national and international compliance standards for CPR and first aid courses in the workplace. Learn more.
If you need a quotation please contact us.
- “We work with Bangkok First Aid in training and consulting on First Aid. They train our Emergency Response Team to be certain and capable to act in the right way in case of an emergency. They give good training and are well focused on the learning aspect. They are trustworthy and service oriented”.
Hans – Embassy of the Netherlandshttps://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/your-country-and-the-netherlands/thailand/about-us/netherlands-embassy-in-bangkok
- “Bangkok First Aid was consistent in maintaining communication with me and was extraordinarily flexible as I repeatedly adjusted my dates. 10/10 for teaching: personable, interesting and easy to understand. My students and I were very satisfied.”
Maxine – Asia Pacific International Universityhttp://www.apiu.edu/
- “Excellent package, well delivered and tailored to meet the needs of the group. A real eye opener to the first aid skills you can use in any environment. It is a must for anyone who wants to make a difference in the most testing of situations. We certainly wouldn’t hesitate to use Bangkok First Aid […]
Caroline – Regent’s International Schoolhttp://www.regents.ac.th/