5 Commonly Asked Questions About First Aid Training in Bangkok
No one knows when an accident or emergency will occur, but if it does, you may be required to take action and give someone Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and the appropriate first aid that they require. Knowing CPR could mean the difference between life or death. Attending a first aid class will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to perform it correctly. Here are five commonly asked questions about first aid training:
1) What Can I Expect From A First Aid And CPR Course?
As you prepare for your first aid course, it’s important to know what to expect when you attend. Most first aid courses will teach you how to apply first aid to someone who is choking, how to use an Automated External Defibrillators (AED), how to put someone in the recovery position and of course, how to perform CPR.
You are likely to also cover first aid for situations like bleeding, burns, poisoning, shock, and respiratory emergencies. This will be taught through theoretical and practical methods, allowing you plenty of opportunities to perform first aid in different emergency scenarios. After completing the training, you will be more knowledgeable, skillful and confident about utilizing your first aid and CPR skills.
2) What Knowledge Will I Learn?
Some of the knowledge that you will cover includes identification of cardiac arrest symptoms, the chain of survival, assessment of an unconscious person, how to maintain personal safety, applying first aid to children and adults, recognizing symptoms of choking. These are just some of the things that will be covered in the first aid course.
Your first aid instructor will go into detail about all of these topics or ask you to review the knowledge through online instruction. Once you have gone through the relevant knowledge material, you will be more knowledgeable about what the appropriate first aid technique to use in different situations.
You will understand what your role in as a first aider and know what you should and shouldn’t do. You’ll know how to protect yourself from danger in emergencies and take precautions for them.
3) What Skills Will Be Taught To Me?
After understanding the knowledge required for CPR and first aid, you will then learn the actual skills associated with the first aid responses. The course will teach you how to perform one-to-one CPR, such as how many chest compressions to do, how fast to give chest compressions, how many rescue breaths to give, and how much pressure to apply. You will also learn how to do CPR when another first aider is with you and the differences of CRP for children and adults. Other skills such as using an AED will also be taught. You will learn how to use it to administer electric shocks to someone with cardiac arrest and where to place the pads correctly on their body. By the end of the course, you will be equipped with the skills and techniques to be a competent first aider.
4) How Will I Practice My First Aid Skills?
A significant part of any first course is the actual giving of first aid. After all, even if you read all the books and learn all the techniques, it is not much use unless you do it and get a feel of what the correct technique is. During the first aid course, you will get the opportunity to perform CPR and the Heimlich maneuver on a lifelike dummy. You will put them in recovery positions and perform first aid for burns, cuts, and bleeding. This will occur through role place, and you will be required to put all you have learned into practice.
5) Are There Any Other Benefits Of First Aid Training?
After you have gained the knowledge, acquired the relevant skills, and practiced them in various scenarios, you will develop confidence in your abilities. You will also have a better understanding of what you are capable and more importantly, what you aren’t. This will help you practice first aid safely and have confidence in your abilities.
Bangkok First Aid provides first aid training classes in Bangkok – get in touch today to see how we can help!
- 69Tags: course, will, aid
- 49In the case of an emergency, sometimes CPR or simple first aid is needed, but what do you do if nobody in the room knows how to perform these actions? Knowing these things can be really important in emergency situations. Whether you are in public places or alone at home…Tags: will, cpr, aid
- 45Win a Free CPR AED course Bangkok First Aid is glad to announce that it has become an accredited American Heart Association training provider. To celebrate our partnership with American Heart Association, we launch the “You're the cure” campaign and promotion to support heart disease in Bangkok. During the month…Tags: cpr, course, will, aid
- 43Many people think that CPR certification is unnecessary, as it doesn’t advance your career in any way. However, we believe that everybody should be CPR and AED-certified. After all, you never know when you may need to save a life, but it’s best to have the skills to do so…Tags: cpr, will
- 43Why Employees need First Aid Training? Accidents or emergency situations at the workplace can arise at any moment. Every company should include the formation of Emergency Responders within an emergency response plan. Employees who are Emergency Responders are trained to deliver CPR & first aid at the workplace and know what to do in case of…Tags: aid, cpr, will
- “We work with Bangkok First Aid in training and consulting on First Aid. They train our Emergency Response Team to be certain and capable to act in the right way in case of an emergency. They give good training and are well focused on the learning aspect. They are trustworthy and service oriented”. Related
Hans – Embassy of the Netherlandshttps://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/your-country-and-the-netherlands/thailand/about-us/netherlands-embassy-in-bangkok
- “Bangkok First Aid was consistent in maintaining communication with me and was extraordinarily flexible as I repeatedly adjusted my dates. 10/10 for teaching: personable, interesting and easy to understand. My students and I were very satisfied.” Related
Maxine – Asia Pacific International Universityhttp://www.apiu.edu/
- “Excellent package, well delivered and tailored to meet the needs of the group. A real eye opener to the first aid skills you can use in any environment. It is a must for anyone who wants to make a difference in the most testing of situations. We certainly wouldn’t hesitate to use Bangkok First Aid […]
Caroline – Regent’s International Schoolhttp://www.regents.ac.th/