Many people think that CPR certification is unnecessary, as it doesn’t advance your career in any way. However, we believe that everybody should be CPR and AED-certified. After all, you never know when you may need to save a life, but it’s best to have the skills to do so if the time does come.
In this article, we’ll discuss five types of professionals who are required to be CPR-certified. If you’re planning to pursue one of these career options, you should start your life-saving courses today. Let’s take a look!
Obviously, medical professionals need to be CPR-certified, regardless of the field they’re in. For example, a dermatologist needs to know at least the basics of life-saving maneuvers, as it’s something that you learn in medical school. Therefore, if you’re planning to go into the medical field, learning the basics of CPR will give you a headstart. It will let you know the basic functions of the respiratory system and their connections with the rest of the organs in the body. Additionally, the sooner you start, the more you’ll know by the time you need it, which will give you the edge when it comes to performing CPR in class.
Law Enforcement Officers
Those who work in the police force have to deal with life-or-death situations all the time. Knowing CPR protocol can help to save the life of your fellow police officers or victims of an accident or a crime. In a high-stakes career such as law enforcement, knowing all that you can about how to save a life can be crucial for your success. If you can successfully save a person’s life, it will make you a better police officer. Moreover, it will help you to get the recognition that you need to advance your career. Law enforcement officers swear to serve and protect citizens — saving their lives is the ultimate form of servitude.
Children don’t know how to take care of themselves, so the responsibility lies on the childcare service providers to ensure that they are safe and protected. However, children are also more likely to be in an accident, which is why a childcare provider needs to know the life-saving practices, including CPR. Children often choke on food and small toys, and this may cause them to fall unconscious due to a lack of air supply. You will need to remove that piece of the object that’s obstructing the airway before you perform CPR. You don’t want to be responsible for the harm of anyone’s child, which is why CPR is so crucial.
Coaches and Athletic Trainers
If you work in an athletic program, you need to be prepared for all types of accidents, including ones that may require CPR protocol. When it comes to high-contact sports such as basketball, football, or rugby, there’s always a potential for life-threatening injury. You want to make sure that you’re prepared to take on these risks if you’re a part of the coaching staff, as you want to be able to provide the necessary help right when the accident happens. For this reason, it’s crucial that you learn how to perform CPR correctly.
It’s imperative that a flight attendant knows proper life-saving maneuver techniques. CPR and AED are a part of the initial training program, as every flight attendant should be prepared to act as first responders for passengers in the case of an emergency. They are responsible for more than just serving drinks and food, as they have to ensure that every passenger arrives at their destination safely and with the best experience. When it comes to a serious medical emergency, CPR is often the first thing that you need to do to preserve the passenger’s life. It’s important that you know how to do this to ensure that they live long enough to receive help from the ground medical staff.
As you can see, CPR certification can be more beneficial to your career than you’d think. You never know when you’re going to be in a situation where CPR is needed, so it’s important that you have it when you don’t need it rather than not having it when you do. If you’re looking to learn more about CPR or getting certified yourself in Bangkok, Bangkok First Aid is your best option. Contact us today to see what we can do for you.
- 52In the case of an emergency, sometimes CPR or simple first aid is needed, but what do you do if nobody in the room knows how to perform these actions? Knowing these things can be really important in emergency situations. Whether you are in public places or alone at home…Tags: will, cpr, life, medical, help, save
- 43No one knows when an accident or emergency will occur, but if it does, you may be required to take action and give someone Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and the appropriate first aid that they require. Knowing CPR could mean the difference between life or death. Attending a first aid class…Tags: will, cpr
- 32The execution process for CPR varies between age group. It’s important for you to know these differences, seeing as they may mean the difference between life and death for the person that you’re trying to save. In this article, we’ll talk about the differences that you need to understand so…Tags: cpr
- 31Why Employees need First Aid Training? Accidents or emergency situations at the workplace can arise at any moment. Every company should include the formation of Emergency Responders within an emergency response plan. Employees who are Emergency Responders are trained to deliver CPR & first aid at the workplace and know what to do in case of…Tags: cpr, life, will, medical
- “We work with Bangkok First Aid in training and consulting on First Aid. They train our Emergency Response Team to be certain and capable to act in the right way in case of an emergency. They give good training and are well focused on the learning aspect. They are trustworthy and service oriented”. Related
Hans – Embassy of the Netherlandshttps://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/your-country-and-the-netherlands/thailand/about-us/netherlands-embassy-in-bangkok
- “Bangkok First Aid was consistent in maintaining communication with me and was extraordinarily flexible as I repeatedly adjusted my dates. 10/10 for teaching: personable, interesting and easy to understand. My students and I were very satisfied.” Related
Maxine – Asia Pacific International Universityhttp://www.apiu.edu/
- “Excellent package, well delivered and tailored to meet the needs of the group. A real eye opener to the first aid skills you can use in any environment. It is a must for anyone who wants to make a difference in the most testing of situations. We certainly wouldn’t hesitate to use Bangkok First Aid […]
Caroline – Regent’s International Schoolhttp://www.regents.ac.th/