First Aid at Work – Group Lesson
Group Lesson – 16 training hours (2 days) – Our First Aid at Work onsite training course is designed for companies who would like to bring medical emergency response to the company’s scale of operations. During this course, students will learn how to work in a team to activate an emergency action plan. This course integrates Primary care and Secondary care with more advanced skills such as artificial ventilation (pocket mask, BVM), oxygen therapy, immobilization and transportation techniques (stretcher, spinal board)… Drills will be organised in your facility to test the capacity of your safety team to respond. We will work with you to develop a Medical Emergency Action Plan (MEAP) according to the specificity of your company. This MEAP can be added to your general safety plan and will be a guide for your safety team to follow standards and professional procedures in case of medical emergency situations.
Course duration: 16 training hours /2 days training (13 hours class and workshop + 3 hours drills)
Course structure: Knowledge development, skill development, drills & realistic scenario practice.
Pedagogic tools: Manual of participant, videos.
Certification: Participants will be given international certificate after successful completion of training. Validity of Certificate is 2 years.
- Learn how to recognize a medical emergency and activate an Emergency Medical Action Plan (EMAP).
- Learn how to recognize the typical signs and symptoms of heart attack, cardiac arrest, choking, shock, stroke, diabetes, asthma, hypo and hyperglycemia, hypo and hyperthermia.
- Learn how to perform a primary assessment on a patient using the AB-CABS memory word.
- Learn how to practice adult CPR and use an Automated External Defibrillator.
- Learn how to practice artificial ventilation with a Pocket Mask and a Bag Valv Mask (BVM).
- Learn how to treat serious bleeding (tourniquet and Israeli bandange included), shock, chokes, strokes, allergies, spinal injuries, diabetic emergencies, asthma, hypo and hyperglycaemia, hypo and hyperthermia, epilepsy, bites, burns.
- Learn how to treat spinal injuries, remove an helmet, place a cervical collar, use a scoop stretcher and a spinal board to immobilize and extract an victim.
- Learn how to administer O2 (Oxygen therapy).
- Learn how to practice injury and illness assessment.
- Learn bandaging, splinting, and slings for dislocation and fractures.
- Learn how to triage multiple victims.
- Learn how to activate an emergency action plan within the company.
- Drills with realistic scenarios to test the capacity of the safety team to activate a Medical Emergency Action Plan (MEAP).
Group booking only. A minimum of 5 students is required.
- “We work with Bangkok First Aid in training and consulting on First Aid. They train our Emergency Response Team to be certain and capable to act in the right way in case of an emergency. They give good training and are well focused on the learning aspect. They are trustworthy and service oriented”.
Hans – Embassy of the Netherlandshttps://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/your-country-and-the-netherlands/thailand/about-us/netherlands-embassy-in-bangkok
- “Bangkok First Aid was consistent in maintaining communication with me and was extraordinarily flexible as I repeatedly adjusted my dates. 10/10 for teaching: personable, interesting and easy to understand. My students and I were very satisfied.”
Maxine – Asia Pacific International Universityhttp://www.apiu.edu/
- “Excellent package, well delivered and tailored to meet the needs of the group. A real eye opener to the first aid skills you can use in any environment. It is a must for anyone who wants to make a difference in the most testing of situations. We certainly wouldn’t hesitate to use Bangkok First Aid […]
Caroline – Regent’s International Schoolhttp://www.regents.ac.th/